PrintmakingToday, the famous artists prints books and multiples, which owns full impact in the art world, has published that The First Xuyuan International Print Biennial China 2016 will cease to receive artworks after May 31. For the purpose of being well-known and more influential and keeping pace with the Printmaking Today, the committee has decided to make the following adjustment for the due date after serious consideration.
Pleasesend your artworks in time and make sure we can receive them no later than May 31, 2016.
Also, according to the recommendation of our judge, Daniel Sluse, the jury chairman, we have made following adjustments to the document posted on the official website with a title of The First Xuyuan International Print Biennial China 2016.
●The requirement of the year of creation has changed.
The previous requirement of the year of creation was 2015 and 2016 only, now the renewal requirement has adjusted to 2014 and after, that means artworks which created in 2014 are also eligible.
●The committee will start selecting works in early June 2016 instead of mid-May. Successful artists will be informed by mid-June. The result will be published on Xuyuan’s official website.
●The reevaluation schedule has changed.
1) The start time of the reevaluation has changed to early September 2016.
2) The announcement of the reevaluation result will be posted on the official website in mid-September 2016 instead of the end of July 2016.
The opening date of the exhibition has changed to the end of September, 2016 instead of mid-September.
Please pay close attention to the Xuyuan official website to obtain the latest information about The First Xuyuan International Print Biennial. We sincerely hope the above adjustments can be widely-known by the artists who havea plan to participate in the biennial.
The First Xuyuan International Print Biennial China 2016
The First Xuyuan International Print Biennial, hosted by the Beijing Xuyuan International Print Research and Creation
Center which is the largest print workshop in China, will start in the end of September 2016 and run for three months.
The aim is to promote international prints, and to examine the concepts and outcomes of modern society. It will bring
international artists together to contemplate issues in printmaking, and to build a bridge of communication between global
diversification and local tradition.
The call for entries starts from early January 2016 to the end of April 2016, and is open to worldwide participants. Print
exhibitions and academic activities will run alongside the event. For more information please see the official website
www.myxy.com.cn or contact the International Representative: Tian Yuan + 86 (10) 84308365
WeChat: XUYUAN-Modern E-mail: email@example.com
Ⅰ. Name of Biennial：The First Xuyuan International Print Biennial China 2016
Ⅱ. Committee and judges
President of Organizing Committee：
Jiang Xingdao (President of China Woodblock Print Foundation Limited)
Secretary General：He Weimin (Artist in Residence of the University of Oxford)
Chairman of Judges：Daniel Sluse (President of Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts de Liège)
Judges：Daniel Sluse (President of Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts de Liège，BE)
Marie-Hélène Joiret (Director of The Belgian Walloon Center for Contemporary Art，BE)
Qiu Zhijie (Professor of China Central Academy of Fine Arts，CN)
Su Xinping (Vice Director of China Central Academy of Fine Arts，CN)
Renate Goldmann (Curator of German Leopold Hirsch Museum，DE)
Clarissa von Spee (Curator of Chinese and Central Asian art of the British Museum，GB)
Carla Pellegrini Rocca (Director of the Milan Italy Art Center，IT)
Lex Ter Braak (President of Dutch Maastricht School of Management，NL)
Marlena Chybowska-Butler (Curator of Szcecin Poland Art Museum，PL)
Ⅲ. Duration, Location, Total number of artwork
Opening Date: the end of September, 2016
Location: Beijing, Nanjing&Ji'nan
Total number of artworks: Around 200
Ⅳ. Regulations for Participants:
1. The Biennial invites artists from all of the world to send their original prints. There is no region or age restriction,
no charge of any fees for registration or participation.
2. Submitted works are limited to 3-5 original prints on paper, and should be created in the year of 2014 or after. All kinds
of print (except digital print), print techniques and themes are accepted.
3. The maximum paper size of each print is 200cm（height）× 360cm（width）, and the minimum picture size of each
print is 30cm（height）× 30cm（width）. The requirement of size is also applicable for each print in a set.
4.Download application form from official website（www.myxy.com.cn). Fill in the form and send images of 3-5 works in
the form of PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31, 2016. Any forms sent after this deadline will not be accepted.
All these submitted information will not be returned but will be archived.
Note: 1）The file size for each image inserted in the PDF file should be between 2-5 MB. Please make sure that the image
is sharp and true representation of the print.
2）Please fill in the electronic forms clearly. Make sure the spelling is correct and there are no missing blanks.
5. The committee will start selecting works in the early June 2016. Successful artists will be informed by mid-June.
The result will be published on Xuyuan’s official website.
6. The artists who have been selected should only send works which have been approved and selected by the committee
through the digital pre-selection process. The committee will refuse the works which are not approved or selected.
Furthermore, the committee will not be held responsible for keeping or returning these unselected works.
7. All the works should be signed by the artists. Works will be framed by the committee, so artists do not need to frame
or mount their works.
8.The artists should be responsible for the postage as well as the insurance cost for sending the works to the committee,
while the committee will pay the postage and the insurance cost for returning them. The committee is not responsible for
any damages during packing (by the artists) or transportation.
9. Insurance of the works during the exhibition will be paid by the committee. The committee will not be liable for damage
caused by forces that are beyond human control.
Xuyuan official website：www.myxy.com.cn /
Xuyuan official WeChat：XUYUAN-Modern /
Ya Chang ·Xuyuan Print Channel：gallery.artron.net/xuyuan
Ⅴ. Application and Selection
1. IF THE WORK IS SELECTED, artists should send the selected work and signed application form to the appointed
address (see below) best before 31th July 2016.
Note: 1）Please Sign your name at ‘Signature’ of the application form.
2）Please write down your reference number which the committee will have sent you on the outside of your parcel.
For oversea artworks, it should be marked with 'for exhibition only, no commercial purposes’.
2. The committee will reevaluate the original works, and then come to a final conclusion in early September 2016.
The result will be sent to the awarded artist via email with an invitation, meanwhile, published on the official website in the
mid of September 2016.
1. For this biennial, there will be one Special Award. The sponsors will collect the work with paying 15,000 US dollars of
collection fees (before tax with China tax). According to ‘the people's Republic of China on individual income tax law’ third
provisions, the individual should a pay tax rate of 20% of personal income tax. This artist will receive certificates of award
and collection and will be invited to the opening ceremony of exhibition and academic seminar. The organizer will pay for
board and lodging (family members and friends of the artist are not included), transportation will not be included.
2. All the other artists will receive certificates if their works being selected. And the organizer wil choose a part o f the
selected works for a paid collection, with a price negotiated with the authors.Besides, the works being selected can also
be sold or donated after the consultation between the artists and the organizer. When the itinerant exhibition is finished, the
organizer will contact them so as to return their works within one month, which is calculated from December 31, 2016.
3. All the exhibited works will be included in this biennial artwork catalogue, compiled by the entire organizer, and published
by the People’s Fine Arts Publishing House in Beijing. The artists whose works are selected into this collection will receive
4. The organizer will select artists with potentials to cooperate with, will sign a contract and invest in their creation.
1. The organizer will have the right to use images of the selected works for publicity, not exclusively but for example in
websites, brochures, and other published formats, for the aim of promotion, distribution and education. The sponsor also
has the right to publish the works in appropriate media in the long term.
2. The committee will have the right to take photos of the selected work and to use these photos, as well as to use the
personal information submitted by the artists in the application form.
3. The organizer will have the final interpretation of the biennial rules and regulations. Artists that take part in the biennial
will have been considered to have agreed to all above rules and regulations.
Ⅷ. Contact us
Address: Print Biennial Office, Xuyuan Co., Ltd. District D, No. 1 Park D, Art Institute, He Ge Zhuang Village,
Cui Ge Zhuang Town, Chao Yang District, Beijing, China.
Recipient : Wang Feng +86-13910985358 Zip Code: 100103
Tele.＆Fax: +86(10) 84357179 E-mail: email@example.com
Xuyuan official website :( www.myxy.com.cn) Official WeChat: XUYUAN-Modern
Consultant（domestic）: Zhou Yongliang +86-13910257406/ WeChat: 13910257406
Consultant（international）: Tian Yuan +86 (10) 84308365/ E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee of Xuyuan International Print Biennial